Stick welding

Thx. I am going to weld the other muffler in the afternoon today. Then I'm doing my buddy's truck... gonna clamp in the mufflers first to see what they sound like before welding.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

back in the '60's?

go home and open the gun cabinets.

to "voting from the rooftops"

Reply to
<memset

Weird, with my

Reply to
Tim Williams

I wound a better one recently, but it didn't have nearly enough voltage. And I ran out of pencil leads anyway.

One or two MOT's is pretty much all the iron and copper that's in your little buzz box.

Recently I got a 230A AC welder for $100 and lacking a 240V outlet in the house, I plugged it in to opposing lines. Your house gets +120, 0 and -120V lines.. 240V across them. Just have to find two circuits on opposite legs and run an extension cord.

Illegal as hell of course, but works in a jif. Until someone turns on the TV and the circuit overloads...

Tim

Tim Williams

Looks pretty neat, although most is over my head.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Welded a new muffler onto my buddy's Chevy S-10. That was fun. Then I welded in the other Flowmaster 40 series muffler in my car. That was fun. I am

*beat* though! I still need to weld a couple hangers onto the mufflers on my car... it's currently "hangerless" as I ran out of daylight & couldn't continue. I will finish it up tomorrow. Car sounds great though!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

curiousity.

Reply to
<memset