Stick welding

I'd like my nuts to remain uncooked, thanks ;).
-Mike
-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch 255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

So............. I hafta know........ what is the "rewound microwave oven transformer welder dealie"?
-Mike
-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch 255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/guest_timwelder.html
I wound a better one recently, but it didn't have nearly enough voltage. And I ran out of pencil leads anyway.
One or two MOT's is pretty much all the iron and copper that's in your little buzz box.
Recently I got a 230A AC welder for $100 and lacking a 240V outlet in the house, I plugged it in to opposing lines. Your house gets +120, 0 and -120V lines.. 240V across them. Just have to find two circuits on opposite legs and run an extension cord.
Illegal as hell of course, but works in a jif. Until someone turns on the TV and the circuit overloads...
Tim
-- "I've got more trophies than Wayne Gretsky and the Pope combined!" - Homer Simpson Website @ http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms
Looks pretty neat, although most is over my head.
-Mike
-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch 255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

and -120V

Welded a new muffler onto my buddy's Chevy S-10. That was fun. Then I welded in the other Flowmaster 40 series muffler in my car. That was fun. I am *beat* though! I still need to weld a couple hangers onto the mufflers on my car... it's currently "hangerless" as I ran out of daylight & couldn't continue. I will finish it up tomorrow. Car sounds great though!
-Mike
-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch 255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors
curiousity.

it?
tiny