stiffest benchtop for the money

Of the small/affordable benchtop (or toolroom size) type mills which ones have folks found are the heaviest and stiffest for the money?

Joa

Reply to
sigmatero

Rex B

The legs off a free old wood lathe.

Hmmm 3 three phase motors , might have to look into those rotary converters ya'll talk about and I've yet to get. Would it be bad to turn a 10 hp motor and only use 1/5 the power? Anyone care to explain this stuff to me? How much does it loose , 3 hp turn 10hp use 2 hp ?

50amp120V/150amp330V/30amp330V?

Stupid question . Doesn't matter really , sooner or later I'm going to have to have 330V its just that I realized that I have 3 of them now and can't run a one.

Or is that how (kinda) it should be designed in the first place? Come on please... I've read a shit load of those threads and still don't get it. Even Jim R's picture(s). Maybe I can work on that till my vertical mill shows up. Quit smoking maybe I can handle Huntington Beach now. Better have good ice tea there also. I heard ya can't smoke or drink on the beach there. Unbelievable ! Can you hit on the girls and not get arrested?

That or give up. Its crossed my mind to just farm the damn dream out. Last first time I tried that I couldn't find anyone with a bad enough machine to do it. Now it should be easy. Sorry, I should start my own post the way this is going. Will it ever stop raining in the desert?

Reply to
Sunworshipper

wow

Reply to
yourname

Worked for that junk RED mill.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

I've heard good things about the RF-45 which has a square column so the head doesn't lose alignment when moved. - GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin