still hung up

From: Steve Smith ( snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.edu)

>Subject: Re: hung up

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

>Date: 2004-07-27 17:26:41 PST

With older versions of Netscape I used to frequently have problems with

>news. In that case, unsubscribing and resubscribing fixed it. >Steve Smith >Eng>My RCM download system seems to be hung up. I keep getting repeats of >everything for the last 4 or 5 days now. Is there a way to correct this? >Engineman1

I sent this on the 27 th, I have tried unsubscribing & rebooting several times I have contacted AOL tech service 4 times and tried their suggestions with no results. This happened to me a year ago and I fixer it with a simple setting. The problem is my short memory. What did set? Where? The suggestion came from somebody in RCM but I don't even know what to search for in the archives. Any ideas? Engineman1

Reply to
Engineman1

go to google, click on "groups" at the top, select "rec" in the resulting page to narrow it down, then search for "Engineman1".

Ken Grunke SW Wisconsin

Coulee Region Woodturners AAW chapter

Ken Grunke

America Online is a very interesting company. For example, unlike many other internet service providers, AOL provides it's customers with some very useful software. Actually, it is not possible to use AOL without first installing the AOL software. This poses no particular problem, though, because once a person discovers how truly useful this software is, the customers eyes will be wide open in amazement. In fact, this software is so beneficial that the AOL company has seen fit to insure that it is quite simply not even possible for the customer to delete this software from their machine without first reinstalling their operating system. Again, the fact that most people who own a computer do not actually install their own operating system is of little consequence, because, in the unlikely event that the AOL customer will want to try out some other internet service provider, it, of course, will be a relatively simple matter for the customer to haul his computer down to the repair shop to have an expert reinstall the operating system. After all, those who do computer repair work have to make a living too, right?

Believe me, I could write volumes regarding the "benefits" of being signed up with America Online.

Mike Mandaville Austin, Texas

Reply to
MikeMandaville

The best way to dump AOL from your computer..............fdisk.

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn

Also known as AOHELL.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner