Stove grate repair

I saw Dan's post above where he said he sent you the invar. Good for him. Please let us know how the job turns out. That Stoody rod I mentioned is pretty damn good stuff for welding cast to steel. I bought it originally to repair a Bush Hog. The one my neighbor and I have came with the 9N we bought together and it was pretty beat when we got it. After mowing 5+ acres of Scotch Broom the gearbox casting broke where it bolted to the Bush Hog framework. On top of that the framework itself was also breaking up. So I welded the gearbox casting, welded steel braces to it, and then welded the gearbox and more bracing to the Bush Hog framework. This was well over ten years ago and we have beat the crap out of the Bush Hog but all my welds are holding, no cracking at all. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Martin Eastburn

Thanks for the offer John , but I think I have it handled . I have the top , bottom , and a bunch of brick from a dead electric pottery kiln and a Reil-type burner that puts out around 100k BTU's . And if that doesn't work out I have a neighbor with a blown gas-fired forge big enough to take the

Reply to
Terry Coombs