Suggestion on a insert

Does anyone have any suggestion on an indexable insert, preferably a CNMG that would work well on manually turning stainless steel?

Reply to
tnik

I should have added that we cannot flood the tool, so adding oil to the cut is about all we can do.

Reply to
tnik

Sandvik CNMG432 MM chipbreaker grade 2035. Good tough insert. MF chipbreaker for low power cutting.

Reply to
Steve Walker

tnik wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking on Wed, 06 Oct 2010 14:17:45 -0400:

Vardex makes an insert that I use all the time for stainless at work. I can't remember the numbers, but I think it was called 'versa turn'.

it was made for stuff like 316SS.

Reply to
dan