teenagers & light switches

LOL. I assumed he meant the teenagers would be sneaking out. :)

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Mike Berger

Sure, but it is ok to travel.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Hi Grant,

Lots of good ideas so far. I haven't seen anyone mention just a simple old plug in nightlight though. They have LED versions now that draw very little juice. Maybe plug one or two of these in and just tell the kids that you better not see that light on unless they are vacuuming the stairway or something more than just going up or down :)

The couple I have draw just 1/2 watt and give off a blue light. Something like 100,000 hour bulb life. I wanted to get ones with an automatic eye/sensor, but after thinking about it some, the "eye" may actually draw more juice than just leaving the LED on all the time (shrug). Here are a few examples. I just picked mine up at the local Meijer store (similar to Walmart).

See:

Leon Fisk

Yea, but it does get their attention. :)

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Even if you hit them only once, and not very hard?

Go figure! :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Doesn't matter. If ya really want to get a teenager's attention, confiscate his or her phone for a week.

Reply to
Don Foreman

My 14 year old has outgrown me to the point where I either need the 2x4 or a step ladder. Hitting him with the step ladder might damage it though.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Well, I was talking about from the teenagers perspective...

Steve

Reply to
Steve Smith

I'll second this idea. We put these in two stairways:

work very nicely.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Smith

Although the 2x4 is effective, they're not always handy. Sometimes you have to be more imaginative when letting your teenager know who's boss. :)

Reply to
Dave Lyon

'Guy says to another guy who's smacking his mule in the head with a 2x4, "You shouldn't punish that animal like that!"

'Other guy says, "I'm not punishing him, I'm just trying to get his attention."

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

He already knows who's boss. The trouble comes when I try to convince him that I'm boss :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

There are a lot of bad laws on the books. In those states, send them to their room, with no electricity. Close the account on their cell phones, and don't let them drive. Pull the sports and sale inserts from the newspaper, leaving them the front page, ant the jobs section of the want ads. I willing went to work, part time, at 13 and also mowed lawns during the summer.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Those same states won't let a 13 year old work any more. :(

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Even the teenagers have learned sneaking out is not worth the effort around here.

Ned

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Then ship the kids to a state where they CAN work. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell