New Plasma cutter

I enjoy a good deal on used equip as much as the next guy, But it sure is nice to buy something Brand New and still in the sealed box. I just replaced my old 3/8"max capacity plasma cutter with a new Hypertherm powermax 1250 1

1/2" max capacity, now to wire it up and get it hooked up to the plasma cam....my weekend is planed out.

off to the basement.....

Andrew

Reply to
AndrewV

Congratulations, that's a big-un, I only got the 1000. Got plenty of clean dry air for it?

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

I'm envy!

I use a 600 on my plasma cam but use the fine cut tips - current density rocks!

I have an RT80 on a 50' leather covered hose - that is nice anywhere in the shop or outside. I use it on the table when really needed, it cuts better than the standard torch.

I just did some 1/2" armor plate (very dense) AR400 with a fine cut tip - and what a nice cut it was!

Good luck - now green eyed Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

AndrewV wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Congratulations. I have a Hypertherm MAX 100, which I am still learning how to use (did not have much time yet, having been busy with the trailer).

Let us know how it goes.

Ignoramus31248

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:27:37 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "AndrewV" quickly quoth:

Congrats! Now I'll do you a favor and take that nasty old unit out of your shop for you. I'll even pay shipping! What a guy, huh?

- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. ---

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks , yes I have a 60 gal t-30 Ingersoll and a speedair 3 stage desiccant dryer, it seems to deliver clean dry(enough) air. Far better then the craftsman 20 gal upright oil-free noise maker I used to have, I thought I was going to go deaf, I retired part of it the rest is now a portable air tank. It was amazing how much the cut quality improved when I put the dryer in line, consumables life jumped up too.

Andrew

Reply to
AndrewV

Rats,..ya beat me to it...sigh