Plasma Cutter

I purchased a new Hypertherm Powermax 380 this week. I won't have the new garage wired for a few weeks, but I have a question. Can a plasma cutter be used to fitup thin wall 4130N tubing without affecting the following TIG welded joints? John

Reply to
John Caffrey

You will have to grind all the plasma cut edges to remove the iron-carbide skin, or it will cause porosity in your TIG welds.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thank You Ernie! John

Reply to