TEFC motor automatically weather proof?

I am selling a DC PM motor (90v, 3/4 HP on ebay). I bought two, will use one to convert my drill press to DC, and I am trying to sell another one.

Anyway. The motor is TEFC (totally enclosed, fan cooled) and everything seems to be gasketed. Brushes as well as connection box.

I received an email from a disabled buyer with very limited budget who wants to build a windmill. He would like to know if this motor is suitable for a generator and whether it is weatherproof and can be left exposed. I want to double make sure so that I do not mislead him.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Ignoramus30909

RoyJ

Thanks. I am not sure what the coating is.

Ignoramus30909

See if the motor has an IP (ingress protection) number. You might find the number on the motor itself, but more likely in the documentation or online. I would think you need IP57 or better. See this page for more information:

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy