tesla turbine #4

I actually used the lathe and the mill on this one.

hard drive disks and bearings (actually, the whole thing spins on the stepper motor that ran the HD) Also, hard drive case.

I machined a case for the whole thing out of aluminum. approx 1/64" clearance between discs and case.

The nozzle is a hack... I just drilled a hole in the side.

I get 12V 4amps with 80PSI, pulling power off the stepper motor :-)

Rich

Reply to
aiiadict

How many CFM are you putting in?

Reply to
JohnM

Roger_Nickel

Ummm....

I dunno. I'd have to look up equations for air flow.

Rich

Reply to
aiiadict

thank you for the link..