Test bar

I would like to buy or borrow a test bar, either with just centers, or MT3. If anyone has one for sale or one I can borrow, I wil be grateful. I will only use it for measuring and not for cutting.

Ignoramus18274

and only take it out for drives on Sunday morning after church?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Dacon

Iggy, I guess we could do this again. I have several different ones. Send me your mailing address, I lost it. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

mailing address, I lost it.

Reply to
Ignoramus6241

I usually just use some pieces of hardened and ground shafting. You have to check them for straightness, but if they are good, they make very nice tools for checking lathe alignment, which sounds like what you are looking for. You can even put them in a 3-jaw chuck. Then you can check the chuck and how it is mounted for accuracy at the same time.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson