The Truth About Garbage Freight Type English Wheels

As posted by David Gardner to the H.A.M.B.

"The machine is not a pro machine, it is not intended to be one. There are many things about the machine that are not great, the lower wheels are not true (not concentric), the quick release is a waste of time. The wheels are not all that smooth or polished. The frame is not that strong but in my opinion it is up to the job. The flex in the frame probably helps offset the possible problems that could be caused by the wheels not being true."

On the plus side the machine worked well for making small parts. I made several small panels on it and I found that none of the imperfections I highlighted above caused any real problems. If you want to make large sections of panels you need to invest more money and buy or make a better machine but if you are looking for something to make small repair sections or to learn on this is a cheap machine.

I make panels for a living so I thought my opinion might help.

One thing I would add is that there is a lot more to making panels than having a wheeling machine, it is possible to make panels without one.

David"

When you have a piece of shit machine like this if you take all the flex out of the frame you are going to have other problems that will need to be corrected. In my opinion it's not worth it and you are far better off building your own frame or buying one and getting quality wheels from someone like Hoosier profiles.

I fail to see why it makes any sense at all to try and modify a piece of shit like the Garbage Freight English wheel. You can learn to make small pieces with a Garbage Freight English wheel and as your skills advance you sell the piece of shit and spend the money/time to make or buy a real English wheel.

Reply to
Jon Banquer

Is your english wheel home-made or a professional model?

Reply to
spamTHISbrp