The vise t-nut used

t-nut had a vise that he liked much better than the Kurt. It had, I think, an italian name. I sent t-nut an e-mail about this vise but he never did get back to me. He had other things on his mind I'm sure. Does anyone know about this vise? Thanks, Eric R Snow

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Gerardi. That was his answer when I asked for recommendations.

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Reply to
Randal O'Brian

Thanks Randall and Randy. Now I know what to look for. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

That is a sweet looking vise.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

The two shops I work in are full of these vices. Both for CNC and manual work.

I quite enjoy them. I've never had to take the fixed jaw off but being able to easily remove the movable jaw makes cleaning really fast. There are no complicated parts to clean either. Just pull the chips out from under the fixed jaw with a hex key and remove the movable jaw. Very simple and fast.

We've had the vices for a while now and they seem to age very well. Every single one in the shop still slides along no problem. They tighten without too much force and I've never had a piece move.

Lastly, they're easy to pick up and transport. The base is almost like an extrusion as it is only one profile all the way along. Fingers fit easily between the fixed jaw and the base while the other hand holds the opposite end of the base. If you don't like moving heavy things, removing the movable jaw takes a fair amount of weight off the unit.

If I had a need, I would buy a Gerardi without hesitation.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.