Thor rawhide/copper hammers - replace head

all I've searched the internet. Everyone sells the replacement rawhide tips, but i can't find anywhere that details how to fit the darn things.

The Thor hammer has a reverse taper (it gets bigger as you screw in) screw thread, but the rawhide is oversize for the thread. I remember somewhere that I should soak the Rawhide head before fitting - but what in, and for how long?

TIA

Jo

Reply to
Jo Martin

Rawhide is soaked in DiHydrogen Monoxide to soften it. This will permit the rawhide to deform in shape.

The length of time depends upon the thickness - it can take a while for a coiled mass like a mallet or a mallet head.

See the MSDS sheet at

for specific cautions.

Reply to
RAM^3

Well, yes, but you forgot a very important safety precaution ---- make sure you wear the correct safety equipment ..

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields

You ain't joking, I got burned by that stuff once..

John

Reply to
JohnM

Thanks guys I'm fully aware of the dangers of dhmo - especially ingesting it without dilution.

I'll wear full scuba gear, just to be on the safe side.

Jo

Reply to
Jo Martin

"Jo Martin" wrote: (clip)I'm fully aware of the dangers of dhmo - especially ingesting it without dilution. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That stuff caused the death of millions recently in Asia, following an earthquake under the ocean.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

LMAO!!!! Ya got me..... I couldn't find the "Leather" reference so I searched further...... good one! Typical reactions by Libs....

Pat

This stuff appears to be pretty "bad"... and I wouldn't even know where to obtain it.... so, what *else* could the rawhide mallet faces be soaked in to do the job ? water? alcohol? paint thinner? Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

According to that web site it's fed to cow's to increase milk production and finds its way into the milk, so perhaps the rawhide could be soaked in milk?

The MSDS says that ingesting too much DHMO is liable to kill you, so I'll be cutting back on my consumption of milk (and DHMOmelon, too.)

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

That's o.k. Not drinking enough will kill you, too. By the way, anybody got statistics on fatality rate from being born?

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

"Pete Keillor" wrote: (clip) anybody got statistics on fatality rate from being born? ^^^^^^^^^^^ It's one to one. However, due to the widely variable delay between cause and effect, the correlation must be derived by advanced statistical methods.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

My 2 favorite "life" sayings:

Don't take life so seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

and

Life: A 100% fatal, sexually-transmitted disease.

By the way, I drink a couple hundred ounces of pure, unadulterated DMHO daily...and look what it's done for me!

- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. ---

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques