threaded weld studs

I am looking for a source of #6, #8 & #10 threaded weld studs to use in an auto body type stud welder.

can find studs meant for the capacitive discharge machines and have ordered some to try but it seems like someone would make copper coated threaded studs similar to the pull pins used with this welder. Does the copper coat on the pull studs serve any purpose other than preventing the studs from rusting before use? I have used common machine screws modified by grinding the head till the screwdriver slot is gone and making the head slightly rounded and have had pretty good success spot welding them on to 16 gauge steel.

Steve

Reply to
Up North

I think you'll like the CD machine studs if they work. They have a nice little point on the face of the stud centerline which lets you center them on a punch mark.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

All-thread, cut to length with a simple screw cutter.

might be able to run you a few batches.

Reply to
Steve W.

The studs need to have a head on them as that is where the stud welder makes electrical contact with them. Steve

Reply to
Up North