Titanium?

Any recommendations for the best titanium alloy?
Project is compensators/muzzle brakes for handguns. Flame cutting and
powder
particle impact erosion are factors.
Conventional manual machining. Turn, drill, bore, tap, and milling
operations.
Go with Ti-6AI-4V? Or is there another I should consider? Best source for
1"x1" bar stock in small quantities?
Been to the FAQ and Google, still confused, So it's time to tap the group
wisdom!
Thanks,
Bill
Reply to
Bill Marrs
Contact:
Timet Henderson, Nevada They can answer all your questions, and even make you up some of the special concoction you seek.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
I would think you would want something heavier than Titanium. Dan
Reply to
dcaster
They have some info on their website:
Interesting! I wasn't aware that titanium could be flamecut.
Fred
Reply to
ff
Depends on if its a muzzle brake, or flash suppressor. And how many vents it has. Ive seen a number of titanium brakes on race guns. Shrug...if thats something you really need.
Gunner
Gunner