titanium questions

Can titanium be polished on a ordinary polishing machine?

Is it altso possible to grind titanium without the use of cooling fluids?

Reply to
Hveem

I'm sure it can. The best polishing compounds may need to be experimented with a bit.

Ti is flammable in air. Definitely DO NOT do any dry grinding. The sparks will be WAY more than you would expect!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

"Hveem" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@telenor.com:

Yes it can. Use a buffing wheel and rouge. I'm not sure which type of rouge works best off the top of my head.

Yes. But Titanium can catch fire. If the workpiece is large enough and you grind lightly you will be OK. Avoid grinding hard on small thin sections.

Reply to
D Murphy