Tolerance on 4mm hot rolled mild steel plate?

Does anyone know what a normal tolerance would be on 4mm hot rolled mild steel plate?.

TIA

Dave

Reply to
David Billington

No direct experience with hot rolled plate in metric sizes, so things may differ from where I am anyway.

But Hot rolled bar stock at least tends to be significantly oversized, so it can be turned to the nominal diameter while cleaning up the scale. I would expect something like that for the plate as well -- unless UK practices are different.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols