Tree J425 CNC w/PC2100 controls

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this machine?

Reply to
Douglas Adams

When did Tree go out of business?

Reply to
Douglas Adams

That would be the only one I have ever seen with a 2100 control...

Reply to
Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp

Tree is out of business. Some parts may be hard if not impossible to get. I have a Tree J300 that I got off ebay for $750. It cleaned up nicely and is running very good. AS really rigid machine.

Reply to
everydayjoe

I've discovered that the Journeyman 425 was made by Tonmac out of china.

It appears that they are still making them?

Reply to
Douglas Adams

In fact, the TREE brand name has been used by many different factories and for many different machine types over the last 20-30 years, from China, Japan, America, Taiwan, Czech Republic, etc., and on lathes, mills, threading machines, and probably other things too. (It seems Ellison Machy has a hand in many of them). The TREE name just doesn't seem worth much these days as a "brand".

Good luck in your choice.

Reply to
Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp

Tonmac's web site is funny!

Machine tools and Lawn Mowers are their main products. Yep, I'll bet they know a lot about cutting technology - although "grass cutting tech" is probably the easier one to get right, for sure.

Got to give them credit for making a Tree-like copy right on however. I wonder if their lawn mowers are really just copies of Honda mowers too? Not an original thought in their heads...

Reply to
Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp

Jeff Polaski is getting a J300 (journeyman 300) in the next few days. You might be able to help him get the old girl up and running.

Gunner

Gunner

While I'm certainly not as knowledgeable as Steve, I can tell you tha I have recently seen three Tree CNC mills locally, two 425s and on

250. All were made in the Czech Republic. Two have 2100 controls, on has a Dynapath Delta 40. The Czech Tree mills are very well made. I' be happy to correspond with you regarding the 425 you're describing. While Tree is out of business, there are at least two companies wit former long time Tree employees who are supporting the machinery particularly the knee mills.

Tree was a Wisconsin company for many decades. The original owner had number of patents related to knee mills. I've never seen a Tree kne mill that was Asian.

Tree did "partner" with Kira, an Asian company, to manufacture vertica milling centers and maybe lathes. I've not seen these in person..

-- Mr. Moose

Reply to
Mr. Moose