Miller AEA 200L Portable Welder

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this machine? Going to look at one today, been sitting for 3 years, says it needs a tune up, but will give me a gaurantee that other than that it runs fine.

What are they worth?

Thanks Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

Marty-good to hear from you again!

Anyway

An AEA is a bit of an old machine. That does not mean it is no good. It could be, but it might not be. A lot depends on use intended. That said-as with all used equipment-don't buy it unless you can "steal it".

An AEA is at least 25-30 yrs. old (probably older).

Engine drives require much maintenence.

If a bearing is running out, or the rotor is bad-the repair is often much more than buying new.Wiring takes a toll as well, due to the "outside" nature of an engine drive.

My personal opinion, and in my neck of the woods(western PA)-offer between $200-500 and nothing more.

Better to insult the seller than have a boat anchor and no boat!!

Good Luck

brad

Reply to
brad

"brad" wrote in news:MxlId.5328$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Hey Brad. Glad to see you back again. I didn't buy it but a club member did. He is picking it up today. He got it for $200. Seller said he'd give him his money back if the welder was bad, that's how sure he is of it. A couple of the electrode selector sockets are cracked but other than that it "looks" ok.

I'll let you know how it goes. Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

Keep me posted!!