QUICK!

Seems like a good deal in the worst case,

Ignoramus25581

Buy IT~~~ Worst case..you can part it out for far far more than $300

They are simple beasts to work on.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I put an ad for a used welder. An old gentleman just called me with a Lincoln SA 200 with trailer and a Victor torch setup and he'll take $300 for it all. He says the carb needs cleaning, and it won't run.

Best case scenario, I clean the carb, throw a tune up on it, and it runs. Worst case, it doesn't.

In both cases, I think it's a deal. If it runs, it's a home run. If the engine is toast, the rest of the stuff should be worth that much, and maybe getting a replacement engine won't be too bad.

He says it has a 4 cyl flathead engine, indicating to me it may be a Continental engine.

Can anyone give me some quick tips before 10 AM tomorrow about what to look for, how to tell what engine it is, etc. He says it's on a Miller trailer, and that should be worth $300. I asked him if it was a red face, but he didn't know. Sounds like he's had it a long time.

Thanks in advance.

WooHoo

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:09:45 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

Maybe someone can find me a buy/trader for my trailered Lincoln. Needs engine work (frozen.) I believe it has a Continental inline 4. 350A DC welder. 50' cables, stainless gas tank, beefyMF trailer, truck tires.

What's the beastie worth? I've had it for years and haven't had the time to restore it. Too many projects. (sound familiar? ;)

I'll take a decent little MIG welder in trade. Swap here in Grants Pass, OR.

-- Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's in the little town next to us. I finally got ahold of the guy about six in the evening. Been trying for a couple of days now. So, ten in the morning, and I'll be there. Right now, I'm going to sit in the hot tub a while and then try to go to sleep.

I tell ya, WANTED ads are good for these things. I have bought several expensive items at very low prices by finding people who really weren't ready to sell something, or just had it laying around or ..... whatever. I got it cheap, and they set the price.

Wanted ads WORK. We have a local AM radio program every morning from nine to ten. Everything imaginable. One fellow even said he would come to your house or farm and pick up fallen apples and fruit to feed his hogs. You want it, someone's got one. Sometimes when I sell things, the phone rings within five minutes of the live radio announcement. Other times when I want something, someone has given my number to the person who actually has the item but didn't even hear it on the radio. It's called Tradio, and available on a lot of AM stations. Not copyrighted or anything.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

yob tvoyu mat!!!!! Why didnt you tell me you had that years ago? Id have snagged it in a heart beat!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:20:58 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

I think I did, but I was determined (back then) that it was my very next project. You know how that goes. Come pick 'er up. It's only 660 miles. We can repack the wheel bearings before you go. What size Millermatic are you trading?

-- Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ive got the Ranger 9 now. Shrug

Someone here will snatch it up.