Nickle versus Copper versus Aluminium for weld li-ion batteries

Dear all,
I would like to weld 2 lithium battery cells together using spot welder. I understand that it's common using nickle tab on this purpose.
The nickle tab dimension is about 0.5cm x 3cm.
My question is: can I replace nickle with aluminium or copper or other material since nickle cost me alot and it's hard to find them here? My concern if I don't use nickle, they will have lower performance and/or won't have a longer life. Please advice.
Many thanks!
Andre wrote:

It's probably easiest if you can find a non-magnetic "silver" coin - I don't know what country you are in, but most non-magnetic coins will do - a magnetic coin will do instead too, especially if it looks like it won't corrode - and hammer it until it's about the right size and shape.
Of course you wouldn't do this in the UK, because then you would be defacing the Queen's image, which is treason or something.
--
Peter Fairbrother

Dear Peter, many thanks for your reply! Using silver coin is a new idea for me! I never ever think that before. Some people said that the reason we use nickle is because nickle will not corrosion, compared to aliminium. I never find a silver coin that corrosion! :-)
I am not in UK, I am in Asia. As far as I know, none of our coin have our president image on it ;-)