li ion batteries

i have a digital slr camera which uses a Li-ion battery. i want to get an extra battery. would getting a generic brand differ in quality from a
genuine brand? thanks -warren

it might be a problem. The last "generic" battery I bought was about .5mm too thick. I needed a tool to get it out for charging rather than it just coming out.
--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11
| i have a digital slr camera which uses a Li-ion battery. i want to get an | extra battery. would getting a generic brand differ in quality from a | genuine brand?
Usually.
Warren Thai wrote:

It depends, most of the cells come from the same place anyway. I bought some generic Li-ion batteries for my S-100 a few years back and they're significantly higher capacity than the original and have held up just fine, they were a fraction the cost as well, so my experience so far has been good.