Care and Feeding of Lithium Ion Camera batteries

Hi, I recently bought my first digital camera, Olympus C-7000 Z, and spare battery. The Olympus lithium ion battery is part #Li-12B the spare lithium ion battery is Digital Concepts BP-Li12B. According to the Digital Concepts battery packaging it's a 1300Mah battery. I believe the OEM battery is rated somewhere around 1100Mah. The spare battery rated at1300Mah damage the camera? Should I keep the batteries charged or let them run down?

Any suggestions for keeping the batteries in top shape and extending their life, Is this the correct news group to post this message?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Check this link:

The battery with larger capacity will do no harm of the camera, assuming it is the same voltage. Larger capacity means you will be able to take more pictures.

Reply to
bobc

Thanks

Mike