little help

Been welding for over 30 years. Have my own business and all that sort of stuff. Read this faithfully and get a few laughs at some of the questions, but everyone has to start somewhere. All I need from my web friends is a small prayer. Was told I have kidney cancer and will be operated on Jan. 21, at 11:00 am. Just a small tumor, about an inch wide, so it is going to be removed or the entire kidney, which ever is needed. This means that I am out of work for 4 to 6 weeks, so a lot of TV and rest is fixing to start for me. I don't answer too many questions on line as a lot of them are on the technical side, and I went to school for welding back in the late 1968,so we welded a LOT. Instructor was an older iron worker. Most of my work is stairs, rails, and whatever comes in the door, which can be a real challenge at times. Sorry to be so long, but if you can take a few seconds for a small prayer for Paul in Georgia, I will be forever in your debt. Thanks in advance

Reply to
Paul Wilson

You got it! Hang in there.

Reply to
Pepe Loco

Done. Good luck.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

I knew a fellow BORN with only one kidney. He only lived to be about

96! ;-)

Hope you the best.

Reply to
Al Patrick

A prayer or 3 is yours.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Done, glad to help! My dad's 68 and has lived with one kidney since his late teens.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Thinking and praying for you!!

Good Luck

brad

Reply to
brad

My son lost a kidney when he was 14. Genetic defect that the doctors didnt catch until it was a waterlogged swollen mess. 12 yrs later he is still doing fine and has a long life ahead of him.

Btw...I put the fix in. You will do fine.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Done and continuing.

Get well soon.

Reply to
Johan

My prayers are with you ... and more importantly, so is God. Let us know how it goes!

Andy

Reply to
Andrew H. Wakefield

I lost my right kidney 10 years ago. The tumour was fairy large, and growing down the urethra. It was renal cell carcinoma. I function well on one. Ten years before that, I had seminoma carcinoma of the right testicle. It had been growing, and spreading for 14 years! Doctors just didn't recognise it. Now I am in treatment for prostate cancer. This time, they caught it really early. The point is, this is survivable!

Best of luck!

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

We wish you all the best Paul. And, I set a reminder in the shop so the guys can toss in too.... Keep your chin up ! We will be there on time.

Rob - Chicago IL.

Reply to
RDF

Best of luck with your surgery Paul, you will be in our prayers and thoughts often.

What part of Georgia are you in? I live in Chattanooga, Tn. grew up in NW Georgia.

Regards, Jim C Roberts

Reply to
Jim C Roberts