Trivia: Who needs a laser when you have a reflection/shadow?

Cutting some aluminum flat bar on a portable bandsaw.
When starting, noticed a reflection (or a shadow) about the width of the
blade along the perpendicular line I wanted to cut. Kept that shadow centered at the end of the cut and it cut perfectly!
It wasn't sunny, but apparently the skylight was reflecting off of something. Or maybe it was from my headlamp.