Portable bandsaw for novice metal cutting

The Dewalt 371 is smaller than it looks, but not light as a drill. Seems it will make good for cutting small pieces of metal, especially like flat bar. The throat depth is almost 2 3/8. I would have preferred the "deep cut" type of portable bandsaw but apparently they are much bigger and heavier. I wanted much smaller and lighter than a hobby tabletop bandsaw, for cutting aluminum. This one is tiny! Can't stand a circular saw spewing aluminum chips everywhere. A jigsaw is a chore, especially for thicker flat bar or steel. Now to make a stand for it, maybe stick figure type, and to tack a plate on the existing work stop (throat height is not a concern).

Reply to
John Doe

The bandsaw spews aluminum chips everywhere, too! But oh well. It can easily be taken outside for use, without messing with an extension cord.

Reply to
John Doe