Tube insert nut fittings?

Ok, I unscrewed 2 tubes and there's a insert in one to which a nut is welded and the 'dished stamped metal' is just pushed into the round tube. The other tube has a stud, and it appears it might just be allthread into another nut fitting.

What the heck are these called, and where are they available?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

hardware store like Ace will have it in the plumbing secton, brass fittings....

Reply to
jim

Found some at Mcmaster pg2982 bottom right of page. I went through a search on 'nuts'. Never knew there were so many kinds!

"Tube Connectors" (who'd thunk it?)

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

The bicyclist who prefer their fork tubes unthreaded, and their stems clamped on, call this a "star-fangled nut".

It's a common method of joining tubes. I love 'em!

A distributor might call it an internal push nut. Ask them what the other names are for a "rod cap", which is the external part.

Yours,

Doug Goncz, Replikon Research, Seven Corners, VA Unequal distribution of apoptotic factors regulates embryonic neuronal stem cell proliferation

Reply to
Doug Goncz