Twin cities

I used to live in the Twin Cities in MN. but have been in Ca. for 15 yrs. I'm going there from aug. 10 t0 15.for a class reunion. Can anyone tell me about places or events within a radius of about 200 mi. that would be interesting to someone who's into machinery, machining, etc? I'm familiar with the science and railroad museums. Thanx, Engineman

Reply to
engineman1

I thought Amble's Machinery on Cedar Ave in Minneapolis was an interesting bit of history. If it is the same place I am thinking of it is a few 1800's buildings chock full of machines for sale. Steve

Reply to
Steve Peterson

I believe you're thinking of Harris Machinery rather than Ambles. The last time I was at Ambles (last winter), there were few or no machines for sale, a little section of tooling but quite a lot of materials.

Pete (in St. Paul)

Reply to
Pete Bergstrom

I stand corrected. Amble's is the place with all the smaller surplus parts. What is the address for Harris Machinery? I was both places two or three years ago and found treasures at both. Press brake tooling at Ambles and a centrifugal blower at Harris along with a bunch of smaller items. Steve

Reply to
Steve Peterson

Harris Machinery 501 30 Av SE Minneapolis, MN 55414 - 3218 (612) 331-1829 Be sure you get all the way to the 3rd floor attic

Mutiple steam engine, sawing, thrashing shows, most of them are the last weekend of the month tho. Search here

Duluth area has lots on the waterfront, might be cooler too!

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
RoyJ

John -

The Outback Restaurant on the third floor of the worlds (still ?) shopping center. That one is or was a class Outback. Full blown.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

"Steve Peterson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com:

Harris Machinery

501 30th Ave SE Minneapolis MN
Reply to
Ken Moffett

You're a week too early. On the following weekend is the Nowthen Power Show (threshing, old engines, etc.)

There is a car museum in Rogers.

There is an aviation museum (small one) at the Anoka County Airport.

There is an Air National Guard museum at the big airport, but it has been closed most of time since 9/11, and is just reopening, so it is not open every weekend. Try googling Air National Guard, museum, and Twin Cities.

Reply to
Don Stauffer