Ultrasonic cleaning luquids

What liquids wuld you recommend for US cleaning?

I used hot water with TSP, but would like to know if there is anything better. The application is usually removing oily crud from iron items.

Ignoramus18849

Ignoramus18849 fired this volley in news:6pSdnS1TO94mPXzbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

For oily or greasy items, a strongly basic solution of almost anything would work. All you're doing is saponifying the grease into soap.

Lye would work, so long as it's dilute enough not to strongly etch the work.

Some solvents are OK, too, but watch for low flashpoints in ultrasonic gear.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

The regular "purple" degreaser works well. Simple Green is one of the recommended cleaners for cleaning SCUBA regulators with an US cleaner. Most any non flammable cleaner that won't attack the SS tank or the part will work fine.

Reply to
Pete C.

I've had luck removing stains with ammonia and dish soap. Also great to clean my glasses and the SO's jewelry

"The Kid" put carb parts out of a '65 'stang that had been in a junk yard for years in a little can of carb cleaner and held it in the tank, floating and guided by a couple strings. parts looked like new.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

What about when the object is aluminum and you don't want to use a strong basic? (I found a preme-o Devilbiss spray gun at the dump that I need to clean.)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt