Unforseen Solidworks problem

I've been doing a flurry of design work for the past few months. If you remember my post a few months ago about changing the way we implement building new machines and devices with a new focus on taking things to a new, higher level of design...well, the downside of having such powerful tools like Solidworks and multiple design refinements is that now I design parts that are really, really difficult to machine. Now it seems that I will be farming a lot of machining out to more capable hands and equipment. I see some advantages to designing parts on a legal pad on the Bridgeport table...I kept it simple with the limitations of my machines, tooling and people in mind...now my parts look like Escher drew them. Where's that "Unobtainium" when I need it!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Which reminds me..do you still need lineal ways and trucks?

Gunner

Gunner

Yes! I kinda' need a list of what you have so I can design around the inventory rather than the bad way.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

But you _do_ have machining experience. Just use it _while_ you design. Or configure the icons "loft" "bezier" etc. to be out of reach.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller