Upcoming engine shows in the mid-west

I am headed to Wisconsin on the 20th for the EAA convention in
Oshkosh. I have been studying the Farm Collector Show Directory to see
what shows I might be able to catch on the weekend of the 20th and the
next weekend of the 28th and 29th.
Any suggestions of shows to especially try to see? WI, IL, IN, and OH
are all in play.
We also plan on a visit to the wonderful Glenn Curtis Museum in
Hammondsport NY but that may change to the Air Force Museum in Dayton
OH.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Errol Groff
Reply to
Errol Groff
Errol, I suspect you will be coming east on I 90, so you might want to jump a little north and take in the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. I just returned from there and I was very impressed. They have a wonderful collection of steam engines. You can also take in Greenfiel Village (right next door). My bride and I spent 2 days strolling around both places and we came away impressed
Greg
Reply to
greg
If you are interested in aircraft at all, I would suggest that you allow at least 3 or 4 days for the Air force museum. The first time I was there, SWMBO allowed me two hours! Needless to say, I went back on my own at a latter date.
Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
Greg:
Thanks for the suggestion. I have visited the Henry Ford several times and always enjoy it throughly.
This past April on the way to NAMES I visited it again and was able to get behind the railings in the Amrington and Sims Machine shop.
Photos are here:
Thanks again fro your reply.
Errol
Reply to
Errol Groff
Greg:
I will have to find out if my traveling companion ahas ever visited the A.F. museum and if he want to go there instead of the Glenn Curtis Museum. I have visited the A.F. museum once and wouldn't be adverse to another visit!
Errol
Reply to
Errol Groff
Thanks for the virtual tour; very enjoyable.
Re: "No idea whatsoever what this is but it looked neat and couldn't move out of my way so it got photographed."
Maybe a tool for shaving the leather belts? Perhaps to make a taper for lap joints?
And a question: Do you know what the massive 'No. 4 Brown & Sharpe' was used for? Seems to have a small gauge collet aimed at some sort of rotary table and a coolent nozzle.
And an aside from those pictures... Surely they didn't have plastic bags to line the bins back then. Does something actually happen in the shop now that makes them useful?
Reply to
xray
Hey Errol,
You probably caught this one on RCM today, but just in case:
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reply to
Brian Lawson
Thank you Brian. Yes, I had caught that one but travel plans don't allow for that hsow this trip. I will keep it in mind for the future.
Errol
Reply to
Errol Groff
Skiving tool for leather belts sure seems like a good guess.
About the big B&S machine I don't know what it did exactly and neither did the woman who was shepherding me about. Sorry.
There is some maintenance work done in the shop but I don't know about that big plastic lined bin.
I do know that if I lived in the Detroit area I would be in there every weekend talking up the trade.
Errol
Reply to
Errol Groff
This is probably too far out (timeframe) for you but just in case,
.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Hi Wes,
I've never been able to figure out perzactly where you are up north of me, but the Buckley show can't be much of a drive away. I've heard good things about this show but never made it there yet...
Reply to
Leon Fisk