Racoons 2 Groff 1

Well, a borrowed 20 gage solution has been tried. Got one of the suckers and the rest have learned to run like hell when the door opens.

My wife watched as they used the dead one as a step to get to the bird feeders. They got no respect for the dead. Then she decided to put the carcass out back to see who might come to snack on it.

Take a look at Racoon 7,8,9 and 10

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

I'm in very late on this thing, so I have no idea what you've been through, but one thing is sure----raccoons are likely smarter than most people (at least in the way of survival).

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

that's funny about them using the dead one as a step. jeez. so you gave him a "tibetan sky burial" huh? (surprised to see a pic of a buzzard so up close)

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

That bird table of yours is certainly attracting some interesting birds :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

We see them frequently. 4 together in one pic here

(click on the thumbnails), and a single here
Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

uncanny resemblance to politicians

Reply to
charlie

Reply to
RoyJ

The picture I posted was taken in Preston CT, southeast corner of the state about 15 mile from Rhode Island. Twenty year back turkey vultures were a real oddity in this area but now they are quite common.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

Only in diet

Buzzards are WAY easier on the eyes and more graceful too. And thats not to say it doesnt look like a flying car accident.

Reply to
Brent

North West Arizona. Here's another page of similar stuff.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

30+ years ago, I saw about ten of them lined up on the posts of a fence running back from the highway here in SW Ontario. I suspect there was a dead animal nearby. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller