Re: I got one...........well soon

in article 17R9b.4459643$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com, e at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote on 9/17/03 12:08 AM:

> [...]

more like visual ritalin (sp?) but the show did have some pretty hot 70's farah-esque visual candy. perfect if you were in jr high like i was then. back in the good old days before girls got all waifish

Reply to
bweckel

that's exactly why i find them boring. it must be some failing i have.

i wrote in the first reply what type of bikes they used

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Christamighty...just say Kawasaki again Seen the show...liked it then(I was TEN)...don't care if I never watch it again. PBS and History channel are about my tv limit now...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Yup thats what i said.

I only like it, cos i want to feel like a kid again, being nearly 40, and i can act like a kid again and my GF is too young only being born in 82, which i can remember where and what i was doing.

Guess in 20 years i will be thinking of " the Shield" as i think its the dogs bollocks now

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

i was unable to refresh, mind telling me again?

so part of that tosspot show...not my cuppa.

z900s? wonderfull bikes.

Same here. '70s TV made me ache for some good entertainment. I wonder how many Aspens and Volares met their ends on the "A Team"? I guess it was better than rusting to death.

Sounds like 'e' and I have similar tastes. I have a few MwCs but almost all the "Home Improvement"s and most "Frasier"s plus some "Cheers". And the best cartoons were those from Warner's, Disney and MGM. The dreck out there today is a giant turnoff. Yeah, I know, I'm not the target audience but I've discovered a whole 'nother level of humour in Warner's stuff. They sure got around the Hays office a lot.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

there are 2 shows from the early 90's i would reccomend, both from the creative folks at termite terrace; tiny toons and animaniacs. if you are a pop culture junkie, they are gold mines of great puns and oblique political satire. both are rerun on cartoon network and fx.

ANIMANIACS!!!!!!!!

NOW you have my attention. Especially Pinky and the Brain.

There is a great source of dioramas. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

if you build it, i will,,,,beg for pics. the brainy domes episode would be very cool.

i have some of the mickey d's excellent examples if you would like them.

dang...I wanted to add pinky and the brain but you guys beat me to it animaniacs and the looney tunes classics...and the Fleisher(spelling?)Superman are the only animation worth the effort,modern cartoons are like sleeping pills...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

the music and neo-deco look of samurai jack are pretty mind blowing.

Hmm, I caught a few SpongeBobs and they're kind of creative. I forgot to add TinyToons and Animaniacs to my original post. One or two names appear in the credits that showed on some of the last Warner's work from the '60s. Art Leonardi is one. Yes, I read the credits and I don't take it kindly when some channels shove them aside to plug some other crap. Especially if it's not something I give a rat's patootie about. BTW, Nickelodian has TinyToons on at 2:00 PM weekdays.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

audi paudin is an old termite terrace veteran too, i believe. animaniacs credits are a show in themsleves. it is a shame when they are run over. i have a lot archived. spongebob is written for a very young audience, but quite well.

I'd have to say the most creative one I've seen is "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", and not just because I've been in the desert long enough to find Jessica disturbingly attractive...

I liked the way the 'toons in it had that "hand drawn" look. The newer stuff seems a bit mechanical/technical to me...don't know - maybe the styles have just changed. And the interaction with the live actors was sure done well, to say the least.

Then on the high-tech side, ya gotta like "Shrek"...

Reply to
Rufus

That would be great!

The only Justin has is the orange trike with the clear ball. Pinky inside the ball, the Brain in control, of course. Doesn't lend well to any kind of diorama, but for parts....

Please contact me off line for address and let me know how much you would like for them.

I think that I'll have Justin work on it. He starts now working on something for next year's Marin County Fair. He took a best in show a few years ago in the disabled catagory, so he'll be hyped.

Thanks again.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

give me a day or two to dig them out. the yacko rocket has torn parchment but is ok. i have the trike, too.