My nine year anniversery approaches

I quit smoking nine years ago next month. I always buy myself something nice as a reward for quitting. HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Dragon Wagon? The Karl Morser? Maybe the new 1/350 Trumpeter Lexington? Ahh decisions, decisions!......Joe

.........................................Feeling smug and self rightous as only an ex smoker can...................

Reply to
Joe Drees

"Joe Drees" wrote

How about a box of cigars?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

feeling even more smug for never having started ;-)

I'm an airplane guy but that Dragon Wagon sounds nice...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I hear ya Dude. It will be 20 years smoke free for me on Dec 1 2003!

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi

A Nebelwerfer.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Hey Kurt, Wow, that's funny. How 'bout posting cocktail recipes on an AA chatroom? Better yet, you should run out onto a major freeway when traffic is moving at 70 mph. That would be funny too. F-ing creep... Joe, buy whatever the hell you want - you deserve it.

Reply to
Greg Plummer

Both my parents smoked a lot (it ended up the direct cause of my mother's death). As a kid, I remember cigarette smoke was always so thick in the house that I got to where I could not stand the smell of it. The experience turned me off on smoking and, as a result, I never even had the urge to give it a try.

As one who never smoked, I don't personally know the difficulty and discomfort associated with kicking the habit but I know from some friends who did that it wasn't easy. I congratulate you. Buy something really cool.....you definitely deserve it!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

Reply to
Bill Woodier

"Greg Plummer" wrote

Can you give me a URL?

Yes it would be, but not to me. If it was you, on the other hand. . .

BTW, if he decides to go with the DML Karl Morser, I have one for $50.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

not to discourage anyone, but heroin is easier to quit than tobacco. heroin withdrawl goes in 2-3 days. tobacco can last weeks.

14 years for me. cigs were $1.40 a pack when i quit. i saved the money for a month and bought a newly on the market new device called a cd player.

in article goFdb.1998128$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com, e at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote on 9/28/03 1:03 PM:

I haven't smoked in over 30 years now. Quitting was the hardest and the best thing I ever did. Even now I have dreams where I'm smoking and enjoying every bit of it. It's an incredibly strong addiction. Anyone who wants quits deserves a lot of support and admiration.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Ouch! Bein' a little hard on the dude for a flippant remark, ain't ya? I thought it was a little crude but nothing to get all hot and bothered about.

The chances are good that Joe reacted similarly.

BTW, congratulations Joe. Let us know what you end up getting!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Alvarez

I got the nicotine monkey off my back in 1988. Don't really celebrate it much now days except once in a while I get a 'wild hair' and go into a convenience store and buy a pack of Marlboros and give it to the first bum who approaches me as I cross the parking lot. I know its weird but the end result is that the bum is over joyed and I know I am finished with the habit. I must say though that I still have dreams where I light up especially if it has to do with driving or war. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Never started either, but being a good 100 lbs overweight, I can't point any fingers. Anyway, if I did I'd get out of breath. Kim M

Operation American Freedom-Where is our regime change?

Reply to
Royabulgaf

...Feeling smug and self rightous as only an ex smoker can...........>

That is probably what bit me on the ass....I watched my father die from emphysema in '88, went through a program called "Smoke Stoppers" at a local hospital n the spring of '89, and quit quite easily halfway through the program. I was very proud and smug too. I then proceeded to climb up on my soapbox and rail on to other smokers of how vile they and their habit was, and how they should and could quit as well. Well.....that lasted about 8 1/2 years, when I returned to the trucking industry. Now I'm fighting to quit again. I've tried patches, gum, and Zyban, all to no avail. I'll do it again one of these days, but it's a real struggle this time.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. --Leonardo Da Vinci It's better to teach a child what you know than what you think.

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy