Deep Space Nine Odo figure

OK folks,

I've had this kit for a number of years already. I trimmed the excess vinyl from the parts and dry-fitted them together ages ago. Hell, I even finished hand painting his head.

Well, I've decided to make this one the first kit I finish this year (and hopefully not the ONLY one!). Just got finished assembling the body, minus the hands, head and boots.

My plan is to prime it with acrylic Neutral Grey (with my airbrush that I've only used 3 or 4 times since I bought it about 4 years ago!), then airbrush the base color. Of course, I'll mask the areas where I'll attach his head, hands and boots.

After that, I intend to hand brush the detail colors, like the communicator badge, boots, hands, and the darker-hued torso area of his uniform.

Don't know if I'll put the phaser in his hand. He never used one, but I suppose the kit depicts him taking it away from some bad guy. We'll have to see how it looks once he's all put together.

Deep Space Nine is my favorite Trek, and Odo is my favorite character! I named my dog after him, and my musical act's initials are O.D.O. (One Dude Orchestra).

Gotta have the big guy on my display shelf!

-- Mike (ODO)

Reply to
Mike (ODO)

Or, you could just put a glob of silly putty on the shelf. Kim m

Reply to
Royabulgaf

LOL! Would certainly be quite a timesaver!

Mike

Reply to
Mike (ODO)