pac 125 torch repair

I have a Powermax 900 with a PAC 125 torch . Today the torch started smoking and I shut the machine off and took the torch apart. There is a red wire that appears to have been originally soldered to the brass collett that clamps the air hose to the tube of the torch body. Can someone tell me for sure where that red wire goes and how to re-attach it. If it was soldered to the air hose fitting and I re-solder it I will melt the rubber hose. Thanks, Charlie Briggs snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
charlie briggs

Ignoramus6946

I'd see if you could upgrade the torch. The PAC series is a lighter weight torch and the one on my 600 didn't carry the full current - so it seemed.

The 900 can have a RT60 torch - they are 'obsolete' like the PAC's . Parts available.

Maybe you can upgrade to the new torch series - I can't but maybe the

900. That torch series I hear is great.

The RT60 on my 600 does wonders over and above the OEM PAC.

If you can't live with your 900 anymore - let us know where you are - Mart>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

MArtin, can you clarify, I have a Hypertherm Max100 plasma cutter. What are my torch options?

Ignoramus6946

Had my head where the sun don't shine................ The PAC 125 is the machine torch I use on my CNC machine. The one I have a problem with is the hand torch that came with the PowerMax

900..........duh! Probably the obsolete RT60......... Soldered the red wire to the brass collett that secures the air hose and got the torch to fire a few times and put it all back together and it did the smoke and heat trick again. Must be a short in there somewhere or the soldering broke loose.......... Will check it out when I've got more time as I don't use it much. May have to get a whole replacement they have for $440 Guess I'll hang on to the 900 as it has always worked for me. I'm in Fredericksburg, Texas. thanks for the response, Charlie
Reply to
charlie briggs

Ig

That is a newer one for me. Max100 ugh - don't see it anywhere. Must be an old one. My 600 is now old. The Retro Torch is now old.

Might consider a torch - there is a new series - see if one is plug adaptable - or put your plug on the new torch...

Here is a place I buy from on-line.

The Duramax line is the new torch design.

What is the current the max100 source - can it be compared to another like the max105 ?

Mart> >> I'd see if you could upgrade the torch. The PAC series is a lighter

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I've a nice 50' in leathers RT60 that I use on my 600. It is a nice torch. I can leave the 600 inside and take the torch with a long welding wire ground return. I can cut on a trailer or on the ground in front of the shop or back on my table.

I'm up in Lufkin to the North East of you.

Mart> reply>>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn