Hypertherm Max100 burns Pac130 plasma torch

I have a Hypertherm plasma cutter with Pac130 torch. It was working when I bought it a few years ago.

Now it does not work, specifically, it does work, but starts an arc INSIDE the torch and burns the torch, instead of starting the arc and burning through the work.

I do have ground connected. Any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks

Reply to
Ignoramus22522

Call Hypertherm, (866) 956-2766, and ask.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I replaced them. The cutter cut well for a SHORT while and then burned the new components.

Ignoramus22522

Water vapor in your air supply?

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

I have no experience with these things, but you have to have the air supply working. Any possibility there is an air leak, like a loose fitting or broken hose inside the hose/wire bundle?

I think the arc normally forms inside the torch head, and depends on the air to blow the arc out of the torch.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson