Pulsing Acetylene Regulator

A year-and-a-half ago I replaced a pulsing acetylene regulator with a medium duty Victor. I use this rig irregularly, and was truly bummed yesterday to
find a new case of pulsing. This regulator was put on the tank when new, and hasn't been removed. I took it off yesterday and gave a cleaning blast on the tank, but didn't see any debris come out. The tank has 275 psi, so supply isn't a factor. Questions abound: -- Are there quick-fixes to get this regulator going again? -- If No to the above, is this regulator worth repairing? Or simply replace it, again? (If replace, please give advice on reliable unit.) -- Could I have a contaminated tank? What else could be causing this? Many thanks in advance.
-- Murray "Frustrated in Houston"
On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 8:27:29 AM UTC-4, MPowell wrote:

What size is your acetylene tank? Can you try the regulator on another tank? I have never experienced pulsation of the acetylene and think it unlikely that you have had two regulators that pulse. I assume you are using the acetylene for a torch. Could it be something with the torch like a valve that is loose.
Dan
You could try out the regulator on a standard propane tank and see if the problem continues.
On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 07:27:26 -0500, "MPowell"