Hanger Nine Paints [Matching Ultracote]

Any opinions on these?

Dennis Leonhardi

Reply to
Dennis Leonhardi

I used several cans of the orange. It was a good color match to the film, but that is the extent of the good news. It took forever to dry, and is not fuel proof. I painted some abs plastic and after drying several weeks, it still comes off when I clean up the plane. It is not resistant to 10% wildcat fuel. I used some on another plane covered with super coverite. I used a sharpie marker to draw a few lines I used in marking the cg, when I had to remove the lines I used simple alcohol and it took off some of the orange paint and this was weeks after it was painted.

Ed

Dennis Le>Any opinions on these?

Reply to
Ed Smega

Ed is right. The paint does match the ultracoat but this stuff should be taken off the market. It does not dry, is not fuel proof let alone fuel resistent and will continue to come off your plane when using only a mild cleaner. Stay away from it. I have let Horizon know what I think about it and they admitted they have had a number of complaints.

John Emery

Reply to
John Emery

Thanks for the feedback then!

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Leonhardi

It also fades terribly in the sun and eventually doesn't even come close to matching the covering! In my opinion it sucks!

Reply to
jeboba