Gage Block calculator

Could it be Marvin Klotz?If not he has a bunch of programmes which are well worth searching for.
Mark
mark
There is a gent that has a bunch of metalworking programs on the web, one of
which is a gage block stack calculation program. Do any of you remember
what his website is address is?
Thanks,
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Yes, that would be me. See my sig for my website URL. The program is called SPACEBLK
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
Marv
Marv,
First, thanks for putting all that stuff you developed out there for the rest of us.
I notice it doesn't like deeply nested directories on W2k.
C:\cygwin2\home\Administrator\
\mklotz\fckeditor\UserFiles\File\spaceblk>gageblk The system cannot execute the specified program.
Works fine from C:\ or C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>
Not a big problem now that I figured it out. I am not asking you to fix that either, just mentioning it for others in case they use some fairly deep directory nesting.
Have you ever toyed with the idea of porting this and some of your other programs to the Palm platform?
Thanks again for putting up the executables and source. Source makes it an even greater contribution.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
What I need is a gage block calculator that accounts for the blocks already missing from the set, like when I have to make two separate stacks or when someone else got to the set first!
David
Reply to
David R. Birch
Just a thought - how about parts of different materials.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

David R. Birch wrote:
The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
IIRC, he uses a data file with the stack set in it so you can edit it to remove the blocks you are missing.
It would be a pita though to edit out the blocks used in stack 1 when you want to calculate stack 2 but it is doable.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
=2E..
erFiles\File\spaceblk>gageblk
I had that issue with my program that tracks on-line time by reading the modem log. The simple fix was to add a shell script that copies the file to a short-named directory near the root.
Jim Wilkins
Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Site Timeline