After what seemed a success yesterday, with the dryer reportedly working, my wife told me that they dried three loads of clothes. Then the machine displayed a message "CLEAN LINT FILTER" and stopped working since. (despite them, obviously, cleaning the lint filter belatedly).
I took out the igniter again and bench tested it out of desperation. It worked fantastically from 110v.
I put the igniter back again and the damn machine started working fine again. I am doing a load right now. I am not as much excited about it as I was yesterday. Feels like an afermath of a "bear market rally".
Out of the things that I did tonight, I do not know which could even possibly help, but something did help.