UPS truck wheel fringe

You have all seen the fringe that hangs down near the wheels of a UPS tractor trailer.

What is that stuff called and where can it be obtained?

Reply to
bamboo

I find it all the time when I'm out running. They fall off along the roads. If you've got any friends that work for the highway department or are doing community service road cleanup (don't laugh, buddy of mine found a Snap-On Torque wrench still in its factory box along I-5 - he figures his 10 hours of community service paid for itself right there) ask them to keep an eye open.

Reply to
Jim McGill

rv center. it's called a hula skirt. they hang it off the back of rv's if they're towing a car.

scroll down to the H's

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Like this stuff:

David Courtney

It's a strip brush and it ain't cheap! Truck repair/supply.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder" ~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
~Roy

Tom,

Seeing as how you are our resident brush expert, why would such a brush be pricy?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Spray Guard is one brand. Most heavy truck shops keep it in stock. Only problem I've had with it was ice build-up in the winter.

Reply to
Steve W.

The machinery is expensive, not a lot of companies make it because it is "Black Magic" to feed fiber and/or wire into the machine evenly. Those companies that do it have a lock and there's not the "new" business to attract competition. If I could get an account to justify the investment.... Cart, horse, horse, cart...Hmmm.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

My wife refers to it as "baleen".

Joe

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote:

Reply to
Lodovico

Thanks Tom, I didn't realise that it would be much different stuffing longer fibers into a hole than it woulld shorter ones.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Astroturf doormat works just as well.

Ron Thompson On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA

hobby pages are here:
Severe stupidity is self correcting, but mild stupidity is rampant in the land.

-Ron Thompson

Reply to
Ron Thompson