Upside - down saber saw?

Found it:

Scroll to 1:41 for the only picture I found.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Probably be faster to sandwich the steel under a couple Styrofoam sheets. That way the blade gets constrained by the combined workpiece. Hmmm. Must try that!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Excellent suggestions and excellent bodges. Thanks!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Cat's eye! Gets my vote.

I was pleasantly surprised to _like_ a Jim Carey movie. He's a great comedian when he's not being a total ass.

Yeah, that was a good one.

I never understood what people saw in Moore's carvings.

-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Why is that eye 'evil'"? he queried.

-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Reply to
Larry Jaques

(...)

If you want 'needy camera mugging' Jim's your guy. _A Series.._ was a big commercial for him.

OTOH His 'Count Olaff' was quite appropriately icky and believable.

(...)

Found another picture of the 'Steampunk Light Weapon' Check 1:02 of:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

It was used to burn down the Baudelaire home in the film.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

But it's a useful telescope/magnifying glass in its "good" mode.

-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hey, I don't make the definitions! :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Gawdjus, as was Emily Browning (in JB mode at fifteen). Have you seen "Sucker Punch"? Another very odd and fun waste of time, but Emily's all growed up now.

-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Reply to
Larry Jaques

(...)

They sure troweled on the makeup. Sad really.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Yeah, the women nowadays use more than Great Aunt Sally did when she was 94, huh?

-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't think they have much of a choice. We are like dinner plates, but shallow.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

If it is a brush type motor, (as mine is), it will probably work fine with something like a electric light dimmer -- if the Wattage of the dimmer is high enough.

Or -- a Variac/Powerstat/Variable auto transformer would do as well.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols