Using an air tank for vacuum?

Yes, the differential is very small indeed and not adjustable... OTOH, it would maintain accurate vacuum, not that it is important for desoldering. I checked out that digikey item, I may indeed consider going that route. It should not be difficult to decide what control system out of two is being used, by a simple DPST toggle switch.

Ignoramus11278

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Chuck Sherwood wrote:

Isn't it 20 mill-torr = 20x10-3 torr ?

Yep and 1 kilopascal = 1x10+3 pascals = 7.50062 torr.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn