Video -- how to take down an overhead conveyor system :)

Please do not watch this video, if you are prone to apoplexy.
http://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Taking-Down-Overhead-Conveyor-System/
That was a scrap job in a building to be demolished.
On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 16:29:03 -0600, Ignoramus24227

PROfessionals at work, eh? <g> Hopefully, it didn't chip the guy's floor too badly.
Why didn't you resell it? Small, growing businesses should love those at bargain prices. A friend in San Marcos, CA has been automating small SoCal businesses for the past decade. I bet he could find some buyers for you. Ping me offline if you want Terry's name and number.
--
I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during
my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty.

And even if it did chip the floor -- the building is going to be demolished in March. (see above)

I love buying conveyors, but I gave up on selling them, except for the smallest ones. I part them out, take out the motors, drives, controls, electronic eyes, etc, and scrap the metal.
Selling conveyors is expensive, because of how much room they take and how much work they need to transport and store them. They are also expensive to ship.
Additionally, most people like you mentioned, who set up shop automation, would rather buy a new system for $50,000, than used conveyors for $2,000. This makes sense, since new conveyors are better, old conveyors may be damaged, shipping is expensive, etc.
The exception is smaller relatively modern, standalone conveyors.
As for these conveyors, in addition to the parts you mentioned, I will also keep several pillar supports that you saw coming down. I will use them for making welding tables, they are very heavy duty (3/16 or 1/4" thick).
This is a huge custom built system. No one will want it.
i i