Warehouse in a black town? Buerste?

Purty sure he's near Ocala, FL about two hours north of Orlando

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Its all relative. Compared to Chicago or Allsip or Cicero, they're an honest bunch. But, I'd be surprised if you don't pay 50 or 100 a month to watch the place.

I haven't lived in the area for 30 years but old habits die hard.

karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

And here's how the building looks on a nice September day.

Ignoramus20659

I do not really mind that, what I do mind is Russian style shakedowns.

Ignoramus20659

the next question of course..is how the internal power is distributed.

Many places have power in only one section of the building of any note, the rest of the building having been used for storage of raw and finished materials.

That makes a huge difference to a company who rents space for..storage..or for manufacturing..or a combination of both.

you do realize that most new tenents will have to change much of the electrical layout to fit their needs, or try to work with what they have.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yes.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Good looking building. Late 50s early 60s construction but well taken care of.

Im not a big fan of the trees to the rear..but then Im from California and thats simply no more and no less than a huge fire danger here.

Say..how much did that OmniTurn go for ?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Just a little reality check (and yes, I feel stupid for asking).

The seller answered my question for his "insurance costs". He told me that it is insured with some other properties, but his best guess is

7-10k.

I do not want yet to ask him back, does this sound like a per month amount on a 19k square feet building?

If so, it is pretty steep to carry that while looking for renters, and a big hurdle?

Anyone with some experience, does this sound like per month or per year.

If it is per month I will pass.

My 3,400 sq ft above ground house is insured for $1,200 per year. (and it is not in Dalton and it is occupied). If I multiplied that amount by 19000/3400 I would get 6,705 per year. So I think that 7 to

10k is per year. I could live with that.

I know that this sounds really dumb for a question, but I would rather look dumb than plop money towards something that wil cost me a fortune in insurance.

Ignoramus20659

They have not sold it yet. Wat do you think it is worth conservatively?

Ignoramus20659

I do not like their potential use as a drinking and raping place, or a drug selling place, from a liability standpoint. But the woods are good as a lunch place.

A few hours with a chainsaw and a mower would do wonders.

Let me know what the omniturn is worth in your opinion

Ignoramus20659

$12-19k depending on what drive it has in it.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You are VERY smart for asking the important questions.

Bravo!

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Very nice.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Seriously, Iggy? a "black town?" I just did a quick look around, and the houses directly to the North, South, East & West of mine have at least one black member of the household. Should I install razor wire and claymores?

To the North is a nurse. To the South is a cop. To the East is a US Army reservist. To the West is a lawyer.

Now, get your head out of your ass.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Nice looking building. Well maintained. I see the floor is pained or epoxy coated concrete. Easy maintenance. Also the roof construction is too light for a wet fire sprinkler system ( one always filled and ready to go). However, the roof is sheet metal with probably sprayed- on coating. should last for ever. Does the office area have the same roof construction? When you get serious, have the listing agent bring a ladder and go with you to check the roof and water scuppers on both the main building and the office area.

From the outside, there appears to be a later addition to the back end. Wonder about that.

Another avenue of investigation is to check the building permit history for the property. Either city or county will have that info. They can also clue you into the cost of permits for modifying/ upgrading the building for your purposes, like the partitioning. The permitting cost may be significant, but you may be able to talk them into reducing the cost when you actually get to changing things.

I see a similar building in the background. you might get friendly with the owner/land lord of that building and pick their brain for answer to some of your questions about the neighborhood.

Such fun. Kind of like looking for a wife!

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

That is a C axis machine and should be worth $15-19k ish as it appears to be a fairly recent model, probably less than 6 yrs old. 10 at the oldish

I just reviewed the pictures and zoomed them and it looks pretty fair.

Call the factory and give them the serial number off the back of the control and they can tell you the date it was shipped

C-axis means the spindle is servo controlled and is not only for turning..but is positionable, so you can use live tooling and do bolt patterns, cross drilling etc etc to .4 degree

Make parts like this....

Gunner

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

It won't be blantant. Somebody will stop by and ask for a donation to the benevolent associtaion, or the fireman's fund or something like that. You, of course, are free to decline to contribute. (At your peril)

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I try to stay in the world of reality, as opposed to fantasy.

This town has four times the number of burglaries than a nearby large town next to me.

I do not want to be distracted by race theories. I just want to know if it would be a smart investment, given the price and the situation of the local town. i

Reply to
Ignoramus20659

I'd sure be worried about the lawyer.

John

Reply to
john

The taxes seem very high for a 300k building. 31,000 a year is over

10 percent which doesn't seem right. Also I insure a 35k sq. ft building including all risks as a business for about 8 k per annum. Let that building sit idle while you own it will cost you a fortune. See how many vacant buildings there are in the area. Unless you have a prospective tennant with an ironclad lease and a big bankroll I would be very cautious about buying this building.

The best income properties are slum properties with section 8 tenants.

JOhn

Reply to
john