Weight of a Bridgeport w/9"x32" Table?

Hi Guys,
Would anyone know the approximate weight of a Bridgeport J-Head with a 9x32"
table?
Thanks.
Joe...
Reply to
JB
I think it is about 1500 Lbs. I have one. Mine added 100 Lbs when I upgraded to a J head.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Elson
The offical Bridgeport weight for a 1J 9x48 is #2101
I can tell ya that 42" table weighs all of the 300+ pounds they say it does... so figure you are maybe #75 lighter...
Dave
Reply to
Dave August
Does this have a dovetail ram or the older round ram? Does it have the 12" Y travel, or the ~9" travel of the old, smaller knee?
The 9 x 32" sounds like the old, pre 1950's round ram, short knee machine. That's why I was throwing out about 1500 Lbs. It seems each update of the machine added significant weight. Certainly the bigger knee added a lot of weight.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Elson
Jon,
It has a dovetail ram. It originally had an M Head which has been replaced with a J Head.
Thanks for the help.
Joe...
Reply to
JB
No way.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch
That's out of one of the Bridgeport manuals. I can't weigh mine to verify it. Obviously the size of the table, head, power feed, etc. will make a difference. Hence approximate.
Reply to
ATP*
What manual?
There are claims on Web pages that seem to be highly overstated.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch
It's hard to tell what original manual it came from, it's a copywrite expired type reprint. I believe the weight was meant to be for the vari-speed head, assembled gross weight. I have seen higher numbers on the web, which were probably shipping weights.
Reply to
ATP*