Weight of a Bridgeport w/9"x32" Table?

Hi Guys,

Would anyone know the approximate weight of a Bridgeport J-Head with a 9x32" table?

Thanks.

Joe...

Reply to
JB

I think it is about 1500 Lbs. I have one. Mine added 100 Lbs when I upgraded to a J head.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

2200 pounds
Reply to
ATP*

The offical Bridgeport weight for a 1J 9x48 is #2101

I can tell ya that 42" table weighs all of the 300+ pounds they say it does... so figure you are maybe #75 lighter...

Dave

Reply to
Dave August

Does this have a dovetail ram or the older round ram? Does it have the

12" Y travel, or the ~9" travel of the old, smaller knee?

The 9 x 32" sounds like the old, pre 1950's round ram, short knee machine. That's why I was throwing out about 1500 Lbs. It seems each update of the machine added significant weight. Certainly the bigger knee added a lot of weight.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Jon,

It has a dovetail ram. It originally had an M Head which has been replaced with a J Head.

Thanks for the help.

Joe...

Reply to
JB

No way.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

That's out of one of the Bridgeport manuals. I can't weigh mine to verify it. Obviously the size of the table, head, power feed, etc. will make a difference. Hence approximate.

Reply to
ATP*

What manual?

There are claims on Web pages that seem to be highly overstated.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

It's hard to tell what original manual it came from, it's a copywrite expired type reprint. I believe the weight was meant to be for the vari-speed head, assembled gross weight. I have seen higher numbers on the web, which were probably shipping weights.

Reply to
ATP*