Bridgeport C Head B3 Collets?

Can anyone give me any information on where to find B3 Collets. We got a Bridgeport C Head (just the head, not the whole mill) for around $100 so the B3 Collets at

for $137 each do not sound too good. Any leads on used or new would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Jon

Reply to
JonInMayberry

This is why it is not a good idea to buy machines with oddball/proprietary spindle tapers. This has got to be the least common taper Bridgeport ever used.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson
¤x?}R]k1|??ÒÄà??ÖMR°S°-yäym­OjtÚCÒåp}Wòµ±1>vgvgG=°?ï.ÊÚN4W7öî}¾?
Reply to
JonInMayberry

If you make some spare collets or end mill holders, please let me know. The B3 size looks like it will fit my "Eklind" mill head.

The Eklind (about the same size) fits nicely on the Hardinge.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Well, if you have a taper attachment, that would be fairly easy to do, especially once you've set it up, to make a bunch.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Ive never ever seen one.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

Well, we made one, put it in the head (which isn't attached to anything yet) with an end mill and tightened the draw bar and it seemed to be true.

We don't have a taper attachment, we had to use the compound.

The I.D. is 3/8".

Reply to
JonInMayberry