Welding bench project

Just dropping in on RCM from the real world- Here's some pictures of a welding bench I zapped together:

are two quick pages of photos and just a small amount of text. The idea was to have a bench sturdy enough to support some weight, but small enough not to suck up a lot of floor space when not in use. Hope you all like it.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

nice job Carl, looks nice and sturdy!

walt

Reply to
wallster

Very nice Carl Good use of materials. Have you considered another shelf above the welder for consumables such as rod, and some place to keep your clamps and whatnot?

I like the bracing, it looks classy.

Gunner

Gunner

If the welder(s) never left the shop, I'd have done just that. Instead I group tools and supplies into multiple small toolboxes (especially stuff for the MIG) so I can grab 'n go. Never tell anyone you own a welder .

Thanks. I spent more time on the braces than anything else- get one a little off and it sticks out like a sore thumb. They're all +- 1/16 inch and +- 1 deg. of each other.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

xman

Reply to
xmradio

If you dont mind, Ill email you a few pictures of my first TIG project. A simple multi shelf unit that holds my rods and wires in a semi orderly fashion... It hasnt collapsed yet.

Want to see my welding area? I can include a few pictures you might find interesting.

Only sent on your approval.

Gunner

Gunner

Sure- I'll steal as many good ideas as I can.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Looks good- great way to use up dead space.

All good stuff. Thanks.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns